409 Burlingame Ave.
Remodeled Colonial minutes to Downtown
When it comes to family-friendly locations, this stunning Colonial offers it all. Supremely situated in Burlingame’s Lyon Hoag neighborhood, this charming 4-bedroom, 3-bath home is a short distance to Downtown, Washington Park, the Rec center, communal tennis courts, and blue ribbons schools. Built in 1938, the home was recently remodeled boasting newly refinished walnut stained hardwood floors, recessed lighting and plantation shutters throughout. Its 2,100 square-feet opens up to a formal living room and dining room alongside an illuminant, gourmet kitchen. Designed with a coveted, open floor plan, the kitchen’s sun-lit breakfast nook enjoys direct access to the backyard and brick patio, creating an inviting, indoor-outdoor ambiance.
The main level boasts personal accommodations including two secondary bedrooms and a shared bath, while the second level hosts two sumptuous suites and an enclosed laundry room. The radiant master features a vast walk-in closet and a retreat-like bath with a custom, stone shower. The spacious secondary suite also comes with a walk-in closet and a skylight-studded bath. Sitting on a 4,700 square-foot lot, the property features a detached, two-car garage and an expansive, gated driveway . The sheltered backyard and brick patio also offers plenty of room for outdoor dining and childs play. Minutes from Caltrain, Highway 101, El Camino Real, Washington Elementary and Burlingame High School, families will reap the benefits of a beautiful home in an unbeatable location.
--Summary of the Home--
* 4 bedroom, 3 bath, 2-car detached garage with lengthy gated driveway in Burlingame’s Lyon Hoag neighborhood
* 2,100 square feet of living on a 4,700 square foot lot
* Recently remodeled within the last 5 years and hosts recessed lighting, plantation shutters and new Walnut stained hardwood floors throughout
* The charming living room has high ceilings, front yard views, and a wood-burning fireplace with bordering built-ins
* The chandelier-studded dining room offers easy kitchen access for entertaining
* The remodeled, chef’s kitchen features abundant natural light, granite countertops and a breakfast nook with direct, backyard access. Stainless steel appliances include: a 4-burner Viking range, oven, and hood, as well as a GE refrigerator and Frigidaire dishwasher
* The groundfloor features two secondary bedrooms with hardwood floors, single door closets, and verdant views
* Just off the bedrooms sits an updated shared bath with an oversized stall shower and marble countertops
* The private master suite features new carpet, a vast walk-in closet, and an updated, en-suite bath lined with marble countertops, dual sinks, and a custom, stall shower
* The vast secondary master comes with a walk-in closet and an en-suite bath equipped with a tub/shower, pedestal sink and a stunning skylight
* The manicured backyard comes with a natural privacy screen, brick patio for outdoor dining, and a detached garage that can easily repurpose as a recreational room
* Lyon Hoag’s tree-lined neighborhood is just a short stroll to downtown Burlingame, top-rated restaurants and steps away from Washington Park, Burlingame Rec Center, and local tennis courts
* Families are minutes to Washington Elementary and Burlingame High with Burlingame Intermediate just a short drive away
* Bay Area professionals are minutes from key commuter routes such as, Highway 101 and El Camino Real with walking distance to Caltrain
Located 15 miles from downtown San Francisco, Burlingame is a populous suburb with a thriving commercial base of its own. The city stretches from San Francisco Bay to the east, Interstate 280 to the west, Millbrae to the north, and Hillsborough and San Mateo to the south.
Burlingame calls itself the City of Trees and counts 18,000 trees on public land and right-of-ways -- including several large stands of eucalyptus.
The Broadway and Burlingame Avenue corridors are popular shopping districts, but the city has commercial interests as well. Industrial growth in Burlingame was spurred in the 1960s and ’70s by its proximity to San Francisco International Airport, and the city is home to Virgin America airlines and related service industries.
Landmarks in Burlingame include the distinctive Caltrain station at Burlingame Avenue and California Drive, built in 1894 in the Mission Revival style. Nearby is Washington Park, which covers 19 acres and includes tennis courts, baseball fields, a basketball court, a picnic area, a playground, and plenty of green space. A more obscure landmark is the Burlingame Museum of Pez Memorabilia on California Drive.