2521 Poppy Dr.
Stylishly Updated Home on One of the Most Desirable Streets in Easton Addition
Enjoy modern comforts with the enduring classic charm of a circa 1929 Spanish home insought-after Easton Addition. The thoroughly upgraded interiors blend seamlessly with the home’s original fine craftsmanship and aesthetic appeal. The result is a stylish ambiance that respectfully preserves the home’s vintage appeal while accommodating everything needed for today’s lifestyle, including a granite kitchen, family room/recreation room, and office/workout niche. Fine hardwood flooring, plantation shutters, and lighted ceiling fans add designer appeal on the main level while the spacious lower level with fine carpeting provides easy access to the level rear yard for indoor/outdoor living.
The home’s 4 bedrooms, highlighted by the master suite, include 3 on the main level plus alower-level bedroom and bath as well as a flexible-use room perfect for a playroom or theatre. Excellent storage space, an attached 1-car garage, and a private rear yard for recreation are the finishing touches.
With its rich architectural history, stylish ambiance, and desirable location, this enviable home also benefits from close proximity to shopping and dining in downtown Burlingame as well as access to top-rated local schools, world-class healthcare, and commuter routes to San Francisco and Silicon Valley.
--Summary of the Home--
- Luxuriously updated circa 1929 home in sought-after Easton Addition
- Fine hardwood floors and plantation shutters throughout the main level
- 4 bedrooms and 3 bathrooms arranged over two levels
- Approximately 2,546 square feet of living space
- Manicured gardens frame the front entrance where classic shutters, a red tile roof, and decorative tiles around the front door exemplify the home’s early Spanish heritage
- The ebony front door with inlaid glass panel opens to a traditional foyer with crown moldings and wrought-iron lantern; parquet wood finishes the floor and continues into the living room
- An arched opening from the foyer enters the formal living room, which has a barrel vaulted ceiling and lighted fan; a gas fireplace is topped with a wooden mantel and sconce lighting flanked by windows; an arched true divided-light picture window is a focal point at one end of the room
- Formal dining room with bank of windows along one wall has a chandelier and crown moldings
- Remodeled kitchen has white cabinetry topped in granite slab with full-height backsplashes, crown moldings, and recessed lighting; a charming breakfast room has a built-in corner china cabinet and banquette seating beneath a bay window
- Stainless steel appliances include a Blue Star 4-burner gas range, Bosch dishwasher, and Amana refrigerator
- The lower-level family room/recreation room has designer carpeting and sliding glass French doors to the level and private rear yard; a door leads to a large storage roomwith potential for a wine cellar
- One step up from the recreation room is added space ideal for an office and/or fitness area
- A full bath on the lower level has a dual-sink vanity and open tiled shower
- Also on the lower level is a carpeted bedroom with closet and center light plus a playroom or theatre with center light and carpeting
- The main-level master bedroom suite has hardwood floors, plantation shutters, a lighted fan, and two double-door closets; the en suite tiled bath has a dual-sink granite vanity and large frameless glass shower
- Two additional bedrooms each have crown moldings, hardwood floors, plantation shutters, a lighted fan, and closet
- Serving the main living areas and two bedrooms is a remodeled bath with beadboard wainscot, pedestal sink, honeycomb tile floor, and glass enclosed tub with overhead shower surrounded in tile
- Lower-level laundry room with sink, washer and dryer hook-ups, tiled floor, and outside entrance
- Attached 1-car garage
- Lot size of approximately 5,500 square feet
- Excellent Easton Addition location on one of the most desirable streets in the neighborhood, just minutes to Broadway Avenue and Burlingame Avenue for shopping and dining
- Burlingame schools include Franklin/Hoover Elementary, Burlingame Intermediate, and Burlingame High (buyer to confirm)